There are some holidays that should not exist. For instance, Arbor Day. What have trees ever done for us? What a bunch of jerks.
Mother’s Day is not one of those days. In fact, Mother’s Day is a day that should be celebrated more than any other. Here is why:
- She birthed you.
- Without mothers, the phrase “Mama Mia” would not exist. This is, of course, a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it would be a bummer to not have a stereotypical Italian exclamation. On the other, there would be no musical featuring ABBA songs.
- You know how kids poop their pants and then the mom has to wash those nasty pants? That.
- She cared enough about you to lie about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, what would happen if you sat too close to the TV, where babies come from, what happened to your pets, your talent level, loving every child the same (I was definitely the favorite), how special you are, and whether or not your terrible haircut really looked bad.
- She did not allow you to die as a child even though she definitely had the opportunity.
- She not only put up with your terrible macaroni art, but kept it all and still enjoys looking at it.
- She has remembered your birthday every year since you were born, and it probably isn’t entirely because of flashbacks from the excruciating pain of that day.
- Even though moms are supposed to act like June Cleaver, she didn’t because that would get old really fast.
- She has selective amnesia about your teenage years.
- She doesn’t care that you totally forgot about Mother’s Day until reading this and will probably still enjoy the card you rush out and pick up tonight just because it came from you.
- Mother’s Day: From June Cleaver to Gloria Pritchett, 5 great TV moms (csmonitor.com)
- How to Create a Mother’s Day Slide Show (mashable.com)
- A Very Special Mother’s Day Look At Disney And Pixar’s Brave! (perezhilton.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day (laurelrusswurm.wordpress.com)